Responsive Design with WordPress How to make great responsive themes and plugins
English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing need to view web pages on mobile items, web pages needs to be adaptable to lots of of varied show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you straightforward strategies to leverage WordPress to get in all probability probably the most out of responsive design, implement best practices, automate very important processes, and make your life less complicated basic. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Research up-to-date best practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping website bloat for greater client experience whatever the client’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the principles you examine to specific tutorials, paying homage to establishing a photograph gallery, map internet web page, and merchandise internet web page.
* Research when to depend upon themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Research quite a few navigation methods, paying homage to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select area.
* Use customary responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make footage reply to completely completely different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Get hold of dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and check out your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.